Being a leader is not about you, it’s about them.
One of my early bosses used to say to me ‘as a leader, you’re only as good as the people around you’ and ‘the measure of your leadership is that whether you’re there or not, everything happens as it should’. It’s not about you it’s about them.
So what does that mean for you as a leader. It means you need to be supporting your people. Developing them, challenging them, so they can realise their potential and perform. Coaching is recognised globally as one of the best ways to develop talent and potential in individuals and teams.
If you’re not coaching the people in your team, you’re missing out on opportunities to lead them.
Almost every conversation is an opportunity to coach:
- to ask, not tell
- to listen, so they are heard
- to help them explore and discover
- to create opportunities for learning
- to help them solve their own problems
- to have them set the goal
- to help them develop options to move forward
- to help them make great choices
- to tap into their expertise, experience and initiative
- to have them be more equipped for next time
- to have them choose to be accountable
If you’re not coaching yet, you’re missing out…. and so are they.
SO: Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you grow your coaching and leadership: